**UPDATE** Now that we have brought Sebastian home you can help us make him a part of our family by purchasing one of our fundraiser t-shirts?! We will be selling the shirts for a few weeks and I will be ordering after the first of the year. Feel free to share this info with your family/friends/Sunday School class/co-workers! We will sell to ANYBODY, ANYWHERE! You can read about the meaning behind the shirt below or skip to the end of the post to check out ordering details.
OH MY GOODNESS YOU GUYS! I am so excited about the way this t-shirt turned out! We will be selling these t-shirts as a way to raise funds for our adoption. More details on how you can purchase one in a minute (or you can skip directly to the bottom of this post), but first a little backstory on the shirt…
One of my favorite verses is Isaiah 61:3:
To all who mourn in Israel,
he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory.
I love the imagery of this verse and the hope it promises. One morning, shortly before Asher passed away, this verse was in my devotional. As I read the words I became a blubbering mess. I knew that we were about to be reduced to ashes and that we would be mourning the loss of yet another son. However, this verse showed me that God had a promise for us: He promised we would receive a crown of beauty from those ashes and that we would one day be praising festively instead of mourning. I feel that this verse has been applicable to our lives on SO many different levels, and just one of the ways is this adoption. We feel that this adoption will be a crown of beauty (our new baby) for ashes (the losses of Taylor and Asher), and that once we meet our son or daughter we will joyfully praise him for blessing us with a child!
So, that is a little explanation of why we chose “a crown of beauty for ashes” to be on our adoption fundraiser t-shirt. Now onto how you can own one of these shirts!
- We do not place large orders and keep the shirts on hand. We have to have exact numbers from those who want a shirt and then we place an order…so don’t miss your chance!
- It is a navy, nice and soft t-shirt (they are SUPER soft!).
- The shirts are available in youth and adult sizes.
- The t-shirts (adult and youth) are $20 each.
- We will be pre-selling the shirts for a few weeks. I will place the order in early January. The company will then ship the shirts to me and I will distribute them as soon as they arrive.
- Send me a Facebook message, comment on Facebook or the blog to let me know the size(s) you need.
- You can make your donation a few different ways:
1. Through PayPal: CLICK HERE TO GO TO OUR PAYPAL ME ACCOUNT
2. Via check sent to-
P.O. Box 2436
Madison, AL 35758
3. You can pay in cash/by check directly to JD or myself (or someone who will see us)